Black Vinegar Pig’s Trotters is a Cantonese dish traditionally prepared as a therapeutic food for ladies during confinement, due to its collagen-rich content and gingery aroma. Its appetising mix of sour, savoury and sweet flavours has also made this a hit with everyone!
1 Pork leg, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 old ginger, sliced
10-12 garlic gloves
750ml Hand Flower Brand Black Vinegar
A little sesame oil
- Boil a pot of water and blanch pork leg.
- In another pot, boil water and cook 4 eggs, set aside to cool before peeling eggs.
- In another pot, heat sesame oil, then fry garlic and ginger slices till fragrant.
- Add in black vinegar, followed by pork leg, stir and cover, then simmer for an hour.
- After an hour, add in the hard-boiled eggs, then cover and simmer for another half an hour for melt-in-your-mouth tenderness. Best served with steamed rice!